How does your referral program work?
The Coinbase referral program lets you and your friends earn free bitcoin!
How it works:
- Refer a friend using your referral link which you can find on the referrals page
- You and your friend complete a bitcoin purchase or sale of at least $100 worth of BTC. *
*Please note that if you have already bought or sold $100 worth of BTC from your account in the past, then you do not need to make additional buys or sells to earn a BTC referral bonus. It is a one-time requirement only.
- You and your friend each receive a bonus $5 worth of BTC
- In just one click you can share your referral link via Facebook, Twitter, Email or a badge on your website.
- Referral links look just like a link to https://coinbase.com except they have special code on the end to identity your account. For example: https://coinbase.com/?r=YOUR_SPECIAL_CODE
- Once a user clicks your link, you will get credit if they sign up any time in next 90 days from that computer, even if they close the browser and come back later.
- There is no limit to the number of friends you can refer, although we do reserve the right to adjust the referral program rules in the future (so they may change in the future).
Why did my referral bonus not show up?
There are a few possible reasons:
The referred user must have signed up after clicking your referral link (and if they clicked multiple referral links they must have clicked your link last).
Referral bonuses are only paid if the user you referred verifies their account and completes a buy or sell of at least $100 worth of BTC. The payout will typically arrives about 10 minutes after this.
It can take some time for payments to go out, and they may not arrive immediately.
We make an effort to watch for duplicate or fake accounts and don't pay out referral bonuses on these accounts.
Unfortunately we can't guarantee payout on every account you refer due to the limitations mentioned above and risk of fraud, but we make a good faith effort to do so whenever possible.
Still need help? Email Us or Post a Public Question