Why am I being asked to complete this step?
There are a few reasons why our verification provider may be unable to process your request. Here are a few tips to help complete this step...
- Ensure that your document is valid. We are unable to accept an upload of an expired ID.
- Ensure your identification document is in a well lit area without much glare.
- Photograph the entire document, try to avoid cutting off any corners or sides.
- If having trouble with the camera on a desktop or laptop computer, try selecting "Mobile Camera" during the verification process. This will send a verification link to your linked phone number so you can use your mobile phone's camera to complete the process.
- Try using our iOS or Android app on your mobile device. In some instances you can use the mobile app to complete the ID verification step using your phone's camera. The 'Identity Verification' section can be found under 'Settings' in the app.
- Trying to upload a US passport? At this time, we only accept US state-issued ID such as a Driver's License or Identification Card. We are unable to accept US passports due to the lack of indication of what state you reside in.
- If you have recently received a new social security number, moved, or changed names; you may need to check with the three major credit agencies (Transunion, Equifax, Experian) to make sure they have accurate information on file for you.
- For customers outside of the US, we are unable to accept scanned or otherwise saved image files at this time. If you do not have a webcam on your computer, in most instances the mobile app can be used to complete this step.
Can I send a copy of my ID by email instead?
For your security, we advise you not to send us or anyone else a copy of your ID via email. We will not accept such as a means of completing the identity verification process. All uploads must be completed via our secure verification portal or iOS or Android apps.