Invest responsibly: Recommended account management practices
Be an educated investor
There are risks associated with trading digital currency. Digital currencies are volatile and the prices can go up and down. Due to the rapidly changing price of digital currencies, some customers may not have sell limits that are sufficient relative to the value of total digital currency they are storing on Coinbase. Sell limits are one of the many measures Coinbase takes to protect client accounts and assets.
As a proactive measure, we encourage customers to check the following items on their accounts:
- Ensure your email address is properly receiving all communications and notifications from Coinbase. To learn more about ensuring email delivery, please refer to this support article.
- Ensure your two-factor authentication is updated and functional. If you have recently switched mobile devices, your two-factor authentication needs to be properly migrated to the new device. In addition, please migrate from SMS two factor to Google Authenticator to enhance the security on your account, if you have not already done so. To learn more about two-factor authentication, please refer to this FAQ.
- Familiarize yourself with your buy and sell limits. They can be found here.
- Complete any pending identity verifications. During times of significant volatility, ID verification may become degraded or unavailable. To learn more about identity verification on Coinbase, please refer to this FAQ.
- Expect payments to take the maximum number of days indicated when making a deposit or withdrawal.
Stay up to date
We will update customers on our website
, our status page
, in our apps
, via email, on our blog
and on Twitter