How do I change my country or state?
If you have recently changed your place of residence or your account is set to an incorrect country or state, you can update this information from your Settings page. Please note, changing your country setting may affect the payment methods that are available to your account.
If you have recently changed your address or have moved to a state with support for the USD Wallet, then you will need to update your residential address in your Coinbase account.
In order to update your US residential address:
- Upload an identification document with your new address at coinbase.com/verify-document
- Update your personal information at coinbase.com/verify-identity
If you have moved to a new country and have a valid ID from that country, you will be able to change your location settings within your Coinbase account.
If you are attempting to change your country for a Coinbase Pro account, please contact us.
To update your country, please take the following steps:
- Go to: https://www.coinbase.com/verifications/documents/change_country
- Select 'Start Verification'.
- Select the appropriate document type and follow the prompts to upload.
- Select 'Allow' then place your document in view and click 'Take snapshot'. You will need to do this for the front and back of your document.
- When using your webcam to upload, you may be prompted to allow or deny access to your camera.
- Select 'Finish & Start Verification'.
After a few minutes you should see the country change reflected in your account.
While Coinbase is working hard to expand to additional countries, buy and sell functionality is not yet available everywhere. For a list of supported countries please visit the following page: https://www.coinbase.com/global