Payment Methods for Canadian Customers
Canadian customers can use a debit card to purchase digital currency. Funds purchased via a debit card will be credited to your account instantly. We do not support bank accounts as payment methods for Canadian customers.
||Instant crypto purchases
Verifying a Debit Card
- When logged into your account, go to the payment methods page.
- Select ‘Add Payment Method’ near the top of the page.Choose 'Credit/Debit Card' on the payment method selector.
- Enter your card information (The address must match the billing address for the card).
- Go to your card online banking statement to find the test debit amount and the 4 digit verification code shown in the transaction description
- Enter that 4-character code on Coinbase to complete adding and verifying your card
- You should now see a window that says “Credit/Debit Card Added’ and a ‘Buy Digital Currency’ button.
- You can now buy digital currency using the Buy page anytime.
Coinbase no longer supports linking new credit cards and some card issuers are blocking digital currency purchases with existing credit cards. If you have a credit card linked already, your bank may charge additional fees for Coinbase credit card purchases. To avoid these fees, switch to debit card or bank account.