Payment Methods for Singapore Customers
UPDATE: We have paused support for Xfers starting on May 18th, 2018. For more information, please check out this update here.
Coinbase supports credit and debit card buys for Singapore customers to make a purchase.
You can add and charge a credit/debit card (Visa/MasterCard) directly when making a purchase. Funds purchased via this option will be credited to your account instantly. To Add a credit or debit card:
- Visit the payment methods page.
- Select ‘Add Payment Method’ near the top of the page.
- Choose 'Credit/Debit Card' on the payment method selector.
- If you have not already done so, you will be required to complete a photo ID verification.
- When ID verification is complete, you will be brought back to the card verification screen. Enter your card information.
- Accept the prompt explaining the pending charge we'll make to your card
- Go to your card online banking statement to find the pending charge amounts and the 4 digit verification code shown in the transaction description
- Enter that 4-character code on Coinbase to complete adding and verifying your card
- You should now see a window that says “Credit/Debit Card Added’ and a ‘Buy Digital Currency’ button.
You can now make a purchase by selecting your card on the payment methods menu on the Buy page.
Note: Coinbase no longer supports linking new credit cards and some card issuers are blocking digital currency purchases with existing credit cards. We encourage affected customers to switch to a debit card or linked bank account instead.
If you have a credit card linked already, your bank may charge additional fees for Coinbase credit card purchases. To avoid these fees, switch to debit card or bank account.