How does the Coinbase referral program work?
The Coinbase referral program lets you and your friends earn free bitcoin!
How it works:
- You send a friend your referral link, which you can find on the referrals page OR you send bitcoin via email to a friend who doesn't yet have a Coinbase account.
- Your friend clicks your referral link and signs up for a Coinbase account.
- Your friend completes their account by adding a phone and verifying a bank account from one of our supported countries.
- You and your friend each receive an amount of BTC equivalent to 5.00 in your local currency ($5 or €5, for instance )
- In just one click you can share your referral link via Facebook, Twitter, or Email.
- You can also import contacts from your email provider. When you import your email contacts, we don't store your password, and your contacts are secure. You can choose which contacts to send an invite to.
- Referral links look just like a link to https://www.coinbase.com except they have special code on the end to identify your account. For example: https://www.coinbase.com/join/YOUR_SPECIAL_CODE
- When someone clicks your link, you will get credit if they sign up any time in the next 90 days from that computer, even if they close the browser and come back later.
- There is no limit to the number of friends you can refer, although we do reserve the right to adjust or change the referral program rules in the future.
- Because the referral bonus requires a verified bank account, only customers from supported countries are eligible to receive a referral bonus on signup.
Why did my referral bonus not show up?
There are a few possible reasons:
- The referred user must have signed up after clicking your referral link (and if they clicked multiple referral links they must have clicked your link last).
- Referral bonuses are only paid if the user you referred verifies their account by adding a phone and verifying a bank account. The payout will typically arrive about 10 minutes after this.
- It can take some time for payments to go out, and they may not arrive immediately.
- We make an effort to watch for duplicate or fake accounts and don't pay out referral bonuses on these accounts.
Unfortunately we can't guarantee payout on every account you refer due to the limitations mentioned above and risk of fraud, but we make a good faith effort to do so whenever possible.